10 Steps to Selling Your Home
Home Selling Process
Are you thinking about selling your house? The current real estate market is reaching record numbers, and it might seem a bit scary to get out there.
To help ease your nerves, we have put together a step-by-step list in order to help you out and make sure you are on the right track:
- Make the decision to sell your home: Make this decision when you are both financially and emotionally ready to sell.
- REALTOR® Consultation: For the initial meeting with an agent, you do not have to commit to anything. It will be a purely educational meeting to help you identify the right agent for you. Your RE/MAX agent will assist in providing you with a market analysis along with all the tools they have at their disposal to help sell your home fast and to a beneficial price for you.
- Establish a price: Once you have chosen an agent to work with, they will help you establish an asking price for your property that you feel comfortable with.
- Prepare your home for sale: Look at your home through the eyes of a potential buyer and ask yourself what you would want or expect to see. Your RE/MAX agent will help you buy giving you tips on how to de-clutter, decorate and other things that will help make your home easier to sell.
- List it for sale: When everything is decided on, and all the preparations of your home has been made, your RE/MAX agent will put your home on the open market. They will be working actively behind the scenes and online to market your property to clients, colleagues, and the public in order to make certain your home gets the attention it deserves, and you are able to find the right buyers!
- Showings: Sometimes potential buyers might wish to see your property on short notice. While it could be an inconvenience, it is always best if you are able to accommodate these requests, as you do not want to miss out on a potential sale. After each showing, your RE/MAX agent will make certain to contact and follow up with the potential buyers that viewed your home to hear their feedback.
- Offers Negotiations: If everything goes well, the buyer’s agent will present your RE/MAX agent with an offer. You will then have three choices:
- Accept the proposed offer
- Present a counteroffer
- Reject the proposed offer
Your agent’s knowledge of your needs will help them represent you in the best way possible and advice you on what is and is not a good deal.
- Under contract: Once you reach this step, you will have an accepted offer and all the terms set forth in the contract have been accepted by both parties.
- The conditional Phase: This phase is entered into once the agreement of purchase and sale is accepted and signed by all parties involved with the sale/purchase. The buyers of your property will have a pre-determined amount of time to fulfill items, likely including but not limited to:
- Home inspection
- Home insurance
The date these conditions are removed is the day you say that you have a firm and binding contract for the sale of your property. SOLD!
- Closing: The closing date is the date of transfer of funds and ownership that was agreed upon in the previously signed and binding contract. Make certain that you are packed up and ready to go before this date comes along!
10 Steps to Selling Your Home